Baking with Brad
Baked Proats are the perfect snack. When done right, they are so yummy you could say they are too good to be healthy.
When creating his high-protein recipes, Brad always goes with PEScience Protein Powder. Why is that? Well, unlike most Whey Proteins, PEScience is a Whey/Casein blend, which provides a multitude of advantages. Due to the caseins absorption properties, your baked goods won't try out and have that infamous dry and tasteless texture that comes with most protein/healthy baked goods. Instead, it will remain moist, cakey and get you addicted in no time.
In addition, PEScience's formula allows for both rapid absorption of amino acids with the whey alongside the slow, gradual delivery of said amino acids due to the casein.
Recipe (Makes 2 servings):
Macros per serving:
36g protein | 38g carbs | 9g fat
- 2 scoops of PEScience Protein
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon fat-free sugar-free chocolate jello powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar replacement
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- Add all ingredients into a blender, blend until no clumps are left.
- Bake at 350F for 18 min or until the desired doneness. The longer you bake it the less moist it will be!
- Let cool for a couple minutes, top, and enjoy! Brad's favorite topping is peanut butter, but you can use anything from fruit to protein frosting! Spice it up however you like and it'll never get old!
PEScience Protein Powder is featured in today's blog and Brad used the Frosted Chocolate Cupcake to give the recipe an extra boost of flavor. If you want to try it out, make sure to use code BRAD to save some change!